Monday, June 18, 2018

JUST FACE IT

If you follow DFW Medical Spa on social media (Facebook and Instagram) you know we have been going out with FACIAL specials like crazy. If you don't follow us on either media outlet, why aren't you???!!! It's the place to be!!

I digress, FACIALS.

I can't really wrap my head around why more people don't partake. They truly are so beneficial for a number of reasons. But, before we get to the benefits, I thought I would consider why some people steer clear.

FACIAL Myths. Debunked.

FACIALS HURT - While there can be some facials that require more extensive treatments, most facials, done correctly, are not painful at all. Extractions aren't the most pleasant, but done by a professional, are safer and more hygenic than when done yourself at home. Micro-needling is another one that can be a little bit uncomfortable on certain areas of the face. We don't perform this procedure without numbing your face (and neck) first. Micro-needling is such a good treatment for your collagen regrowth and the texture of your skin! Lasers are another one and an entirely different topic, but can be highly effective at producing good results. Other than those, the facials we offer are relaxing. No pain at all!

ONE AND DONE/WHERE'S THE MIRACLE? - Okay...really though - what other procedures can you think of that are a "one and done"??? Let me know what you come up with, mmmmkaaaaay.  Facials are meant to be corrective and preventative. We want to address your skin's issues and then keep you at maintenance for that happy, beautiful face of yours - this means we may start with one procedure for corrective and continue with others for maintenance or preventative. It's all part of the process ladies and gents.

I BROKE OUT FROM THE LAST FACIAL, NOT INTERESTED - If you broke out from your last facial and you didn't do a procedure that was meant to purge bacteria, most likely they used a product that your skin had a reaction to. When you aren't aware of your skin's sensitivities, some products can cause inflammation and break outs. If you let the esthetician know that you have a sensitive skin type they should treat your skin accordingly. For example, I am very sensitive under my eye area. The skin is very thin and can't handle much of any kind of product. My esthetician knows this, and does not apply any product in that area.

FACIALS MASSAGES ARE "BOUGIE" - ("Bougie - Anything that is perceived as "upscale" from a blue-collar point of view. 'Bougie' (pronounced boo'-she)  - Actually a FACIAL massage can help with the skins circulation. This aides with better absorption of the product being used or, by itself, helps promote the growth of collagen production, which in turn helps give your complexion an gorgeous glow. There is nothing boo'-she about that. Am I right??

I realize having so many different types of FACIALS to choose from can be intimidating and overwhelming. If you are like me, you can't even decide on dinner. The thing is; no two clients have the same types of skin. We treat everyone as an individual and try our best to meet those individuals' needs. Having different FACIAL treatment options is a must.

All that being said, I feel like I have tried a little bit of everything. I try to get something done at least once a month to keep up with the preventative and maintenance side of things. A lot of our clients are pretty shocked when they find out my age and I can't attribute that to just Dysport and/or Fillers, as amazing as they are. The fact that I try to take good care of my skin, treat my issues and wear sunblock, are all contributing factors.

My favorite procedure, by far, is the Micro-needling. Not necessarily because it is the most relaxing, because THAT it is not. But because I know what it is doing for my collagen and because my skin always has the best glow a few days following the procedure. My make-up looks so good and my pesky pores are so much smaller. I hate PORES, why do they exist?

Next to that, would be the last FACIAL I had done. If you follow the Spa on Instagram you know that it was actually a CUSTOM FACIAL that Megan did based on my skin's current issues. She exfoliated, hydrated, and treated it with an anti-aging peel that left my skin so smooth and so much brighter!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkBSRCQn-dk/?hl=en&taken-by=dfwmedicalspa

An Aquafacial (same as the Hydrafacial) is also a really good treatment to include with your FACIAL. There is nothing else that will clean out your pores better than that machine. And you can see all the "yuck" that is cleaned out at the end of the service. Pretty gross, VERY effective.

If you aren't sure what type of facial to get - try out our CUSTOM FACIALS - leave all the decision making to us.

I will even give you some good meal ideas so you can unburden yourself of having to make any important decisions for a few days. ;-)


No comments:

Post a Comment